7.22.2008

Batman: The Dark Knight

[Don't worry, no spoilers]
If you haven't seen it yet, go immediately. This movie is awesome.

For starters, Heath Ledger was fantastic. He was so deliciously psychotic and creepy- I loved every minute of it. He's probably the best Joker out of all the Batman movies ever made. The rest of the cast was great too, but he definitely took the spotlight this time. It really is such a shame that such a talented man is no longer with us.

The first movie, Batman Begins, was good, but it was more of an introduction than anything else, focusing on Bruce Wayne's background and internal struggle with who he is. In The Dark Knight, Bruce/Batman has fully matured and knows what he wants for the people of Gotham. 

Anyway, I'm not much on writing movie reviews, and I can't really say anything else without giving anything away, so I think I'll leave it at that. But be warned that the movie is fairly dark, so I wouldn't take any little ones to see it.

One more thing- I think Batman is my favorite of all the Marvel superheroes, because he's a mortal man without any special abilities like Superman or the X-Men. And the villains he fights are pretty much always people who were once normal, but through unusual circumstances have become completely deranged and mental. How cool is that?

I hope they make another movie. (Check out his sweet socks!)

4 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

I completly agree! It was so much better than I expected, and I feel bad for the next villian in the batman series, because I don't think they'll ever be able to top Ledger's steller performance! :)

Cait said...

We finally saw it yesterday. Chase was so excited to go he almost wet himself. Heath ledger was awesome. I love the pic of him you have on your blog.

Cait said...

tell Nate to look up "fantasy island tucson" It has some amazing mountain bike trails. then you both will want to come visit me and then we can play there. :)

Bakes. said...

"deliciously psychotic and creepy"....you are a genius!