10.22.2011

It's True!

We are having a baby!

He/she is due sometime around April 6th. I am currently 16 weeks along (about 4 months).

Some random facts:

- I never had even the slightest hint of morning sickness.
- I had my first craving at about 6 weeks, and didn't realize it until I got back from shopping with a whole bunch of orange foods- oranges, cantaloupe, juice, and carrots. No weird combinations though.
- I have to eat about 5 meals a day, or heads will roll. I feel like a glutton.
- I have really vivid, super weird dreams and I almost always remember them. Like the one of Grandma climbing a tree to rescue her dog, which was actually an extremely non-weird one.
- Had my first ultrasound at 9 weeks to make sure I was actually pregnant due to the lack of sickness. Got to see the little peanut for the first time and s/he was kicking like crazy. We like to say we can already tell that Baby will be an excellent biker, just like Dad.
- I went from "Oh my goodness there's really a baby in there!" to "Holy crap there's only one way that thing is coming out" in a matter of seconds. But I was really giddy.
- Weird reaction, I guess you call it, that I've had is itchiness on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. It's annoying, but I guess it's better than throwing up every day. Just hope it doesn't turn into prurigo (a nasty itchy rash all over the place).
- My belly isn't anywhere near as big as it's going to be, but I feel ginormous. It's hard to get used to, and I hate sleeping on my side instead of on my stomach.
- I cry really easily. 
- I am super scatter-brained and tend to mispronounce/forget words, like when I have a migraine. Just the other day I said, "Oh grosh." Nate laughed at me.
- I don't have any "feelings" about whether the baby will be a boy or girl. We should find out really soon though! I think I want a boy first.
- We also don't have any favorite names yet. Anything I like for a day I get over by the next. Hopefully the name wont just be "One."

That's most of the interesting stuff for now. Will keep you all updated from now on. :)



8 comments:

Yara said...

Yay! I have vivid weird dreams, too. They were one of the first indications that I was pregnant (I figured out later). That and my eyebrows growing out of control. I think I had to pluck them every day.

Yara said...

That should be *had* not have. I mean, I do *have* occasionally, but not every night like when I was pregnant.

Francesca said...

Yay! Super exciting! Good that you're not getting sick; I was not so lucky. But I also had really vivid dreams and grazed all day.

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations! I also really dislike sleeping on my side...not so much fun. Cute shirt!

Alison said...

That is so so so so exciting! Congratulations!! :D

Cait said...

YAY!!! SO excited for a cousin for my girls!

PS -I had to eat cuties (clementines) EVERY DAY when I was prego!

MeganandClaudy said...

How exciting! My dr. said I could sleep on my tummy for as long as it was comfortable--almost til 6 months--so I say enjoy it while you can :)

Symantha said...

EEeeeeee!! I wish I could be there for the process! Congrats again!