8.30.2008

Stuff 'n Things

H'lo! It's been a while since I posted anything so here I am.

Life is the same as always- Nate doesn't like his job, but faithfully goes everyday. I still do like my job, but am also still waiting for a supervisor to move away so I can steal his spot. School starts in a mere 3 days, a fact I'm not quite ready for, but I am excited for my whopping two classes (Greek Art & Italian). Nate will have a full school schedule and hopefully wont get worn out.

We've been pondering about the future, and have come up with a semi-plan. It's still about 2 years away, but we're thinking about moving to Lawrence, Kansas after BYU to go to KU for grad school. Living is relatively inexpensive there (about the same as Provo), and I have a bunch of family in Kansas, so that would be really nice. I might get a teaching certificate and teach art in elementary school while Nate gets his degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or Education. I might go back to school for a masters later, but that all depends on money, time, and babies.

So, that's the plan! But we all know how much can change in as little as two years, so we'll see what happens. If I could move out there right now, I would. I hope the next couple of years go as fast as the last two!

On another note, I have a guitar! It's beautiful and BLUE with a black outline. My sister Caitlin is probably jealous. :) Nate's sister Sara is teaching us how to play. Once we get pretty good, we're going to get a nicer guitar for Nate. Sara wants us to make a band. We'll see how that goes. I'm really excited to learn to play. I gave piano up fairly quickly, but I don't think this will be the same. If only I could figure out how to strum and change chords at the same time..!

In other news, Nate has a bike race this weekend, and he's competing in two different things. One is just downhill, and the other is both up and downhill. I would die. That's about all the excitingness going on right now. Next time I'll try to include some of the funny stories about work, because Caitlin requested them. But for now, I'm going to go nap.

1 comment:

MeganandClaudy said...

That's awesome about the guitar and plans. I think it's great to have plans to look forward to-even if they don't work out. Sounds like a good plan to me :)