4.10.2008

Welcome!

Well, blogs seem to be the thing to do now to keep your friends and family updated on your life, so I figured why not give it a shot.

Things were pretty stressful these last few days, as Nate had to take a hard Anatomy final and started a new job on the same day. We also got in a little bit of a fender bender that morning leaving for school, so it was a rough start. Luckily everything with that has worked out without much difficulty, and Nate is really excited for his new job. 

He works at a place called Lizard Skins, which is a supplier of mountain bike stuff for other distributors and bike shops. Nate contacts the other places and asks them to buy the Lizard Skins stuff. Thankfully its a fairly well-known brand with lots of stuff bikers need. Nate gets paid about the same amount he got at his last job (where he'll keep working part-time), but he gets commission on top of it! And he's already made over $40 commission after just 2 days of work. yay! He'll also get to help with product design once he gets used to how things work there, and I think he's going to love that part.

As for me, I'm just trying to not go crazy from school. I have 3 papers all due within a day of each other, and am not looking forward to doing them. But such is life. I'm still loving my Italian class, and find it comes rather easily for me- hopefully I'll be fluent someday! I'm also still majoring in Art History, with a Spanish minor, and enjoy learning about all the different types of art and the history behind it. I did have a momentary lapse a few weeks ago and again wondered if that's really what I should be studying (instead of something that would let me take care of baby chimp orphans...) but realized it is something I love, and to change my major in my 3rd year would be kinda annoying, and I'd probably regret it. Finals are coming up (Nate's was earlier than usual), so I've got to study for everything too. I'm glad another semester is coming to a close.

I'm still loving my little grocery store job! I have an Italian friend who speaks almost no English that always comes through my line now, and its so much fun. He helps me practice what I'm learning and is nice about it when I make mistakes. :) I also have the opportunity to practice my Spanish everyday, and the native speakers LOVE it. They always ask me where I served my mission, and are surprised when I say I haven't, since that's where most Provo-dwellers learn.

I'm hoping to apply for a Supervising position at my job; one is opening up soon. I talked to some of the current supervisors and they encouraged me to go for it, cause they think I'm a good candidate. I'd be working a few more hours, but not too many with Summer coming up- and better yet, I'd be getting more money! That's always good. We'll see how it goes.

So, that's our life in a nutshell, at least for the moment. 

No comments: